Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy's!


HAPPY'S FLEA MARKET!

It's hard to believe how excited I become when I make my weekly journeys to Happy's Flea Market. This is where I find the items that catalyze my creations. Today did not disappoint me.




This assortment may look like useless odds and ends, but before the summer is over, I'll turn them into works of art (at least I hope to).


Printer's ink stamps and box




An Indian shawl



Middle Eastern pipe


Ancient geometry notes


Egyptian blouse



Small cedar box




Old hard bound text



Reproduction painting


Receipts dated 1938


I already have a lot of ideas for these items and I'll be sure to show you when they are finished.

There are hundreds of vendors each week at Happy's.



William Myers of Pampered Plants Greenhouse, is a regular with his
vegetables and flowers. He has the most amazing heirloom tomatoes.


Pampered Plants Greenhouse William Myers
Landscaping Services
2739 Rockwood Park Rd, Basset, Va. 24055
Bus: (276) 629-3997
Cell: (276) 252-3997


Ric Hartgrove Mill Creek Farm, Boones Mill, Va.
540-334-4628


What a beautiful selection of fresh eggs Ric always has available.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.