Tuesday, November 17, 2009

SALMON TUGE AKI YOSIDA


SALMON TUGE AKI YOSIDA


Elegant hand made copper fish platter

For many years I had a pen pal from Japan. His name is, and I’m sure the spelling is not correct, Tuge Aki Yosida. We wrote letters and sent gifts. He always asked for Popular Mechanics magazine and I requested dolls. I’m sorry to say that through the years I lost touch with him. The dolls also were lost to a flood at my parents home. It’s hind sight now but I certainly wish I would have taken him up on his offer to have me visit him in Japan. I believe that if I were to have visited him, he would have served me a dish something like the one I am dedicating to him now.


Salmon Tugi Aki Yosida

I have placed the salmon in an elegant fish shaped platter that my parents gave to me. It was created in Turkey. A close inspection shows that it is hand hammered. I love to serve food in beautifully appointed vessels don’t you?

I try to find unusual items at flea markets and other places of interest, to employ as servers. Check out this carved hand. I use it for napkins.



Carved hand napkin holder

Or this wonderful brass lion that my friend Christine gave to me. It has hooks to place it on the wall but I think it works superbly as another napkin holder.


Brass lion napkin holder

Here is the recipe for Salmon Tuge Aki Yosida.


Serves 4

Ingredients:

4 T. Sesame seeds
8 T. thinly sliced green onions, including the green
4 T. soy sauce
4 T. butter
8 T. dry sherry
4 Salmon fillets

l. Toast sesame seeds over medium heat until golden.

2. Add butter, onions, sherry sesame seeds and soy sauce. Cook stirring until butter is melted. Remove from heat.

3. Place fish on greased rack in broiler pan with the skin side down. Brush on half of the butter sauce. Broil 4” from heat or about 6-8 minutes. Check to see when thickest part of salmon is an opaque when cut.

4. Serve with remaining sauce.


Recipe source: Kirsten Printz (my daughter)

Wouldn’t it be a lark if I tried to find Tuge Aki on Facebook..and it worked?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.