Friday, May 29, 2009

RECYCLED WOODLOFT


WOODLOFT GARDEN
RECYCLED


This ragged wheelbarrow was ready for the trash heap. Wheels were broken and sides rusted through. I added a bit of paint which brought it up a notch.


Woodloft garden, like most gardens, has gone through many changes over the years. I love to take items that are clearly ready for the trash and give them new life. I’m going to show you a few of my before and afters.


Meet Peggy Pots


Peggy a few summers ago


Peggy had a rough winter


This year my granddaughter, Marcy, redecorated Peggy. She still needs a bit of work but she is almost ready for another hot summer. She sports a pair of my mother's old tennis shoes and we used a gourd for her head.


Peggy, 2009



Before


Just because your old door mats are looking worn and tired doesn’t mean you have to throw them away. The backing on them is usually pretty rugged and meant to last many years. A little acrylic paint on the front design and they are even better than new.


After


Before: faded doormat


After


I bought a simple $13 plastic Adirondack chair from Home Depot and a can of berry Rust-Oleum spray paint. What a difference! I’ll probably replace the pillow I temporarily placed on it with something waterproof. I bought 2 of these chairs and am so pleased at the way they rev up my garden.


Before: dull, lifeless yellow chair


After: bright, bold and cheery


Next time I’ll show you a few more of my recycled creations.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.