Thursday, October 1, 2009

SALAMI STACKUPS


SALAMI STACKUPS



Salami Stackups

My daughter, Kirsten, brought a tray of the salami stackups to a family gathering last week. I was so delighted to see them because she had made them from a recipe of mine that I had totally forgotten about. I cook very elaborate for the most part and I guess I must have decided at some point that these appetizers were too simple. Since I had given my recipe to Kirsten, I asked her to e-mail me the exact proportions and she said; “Mom, are you kidding, all you ever write on your recipes are the ingredients! Kirsten was right. I very often cook from trial and error. I also am a firm believer in tasting as you go. One of my favorite sayings when cooking, or even in my artwork is, “Play it till it Sings.”


Recipe I stamped for my family

Here is a more detailed recipe; You can adjust to suit your taste. I hope you will have a good time experimenting. This is one of the easiest appetizers you will ever serve and it might also be one of the best. The horseradish adds a real zing!


I just made the stackups for an art party.

I used 2 8-oz pkgs of cream cheese
2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
about 2 T. or more or horseradish
1 pound of thinly sliced salami

Whirl the cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and horseracish in the food processor. Adjust to suit. Spread onto the salami, layer after layer. As many as you’d like. Since my salami was cut very thin, I used at least 4 layers. They are actually more delectable looking if you add as many as 10 layers or you may also purchase thicker sliced salami and create fewer layers.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.