Sunday, December 30, 2012

PHILOSOPHY ART DOLLS

PHILOSOPHY ART DOLLS

"The Moment of Absolute Certainty Never Arrives" One Of My Favorite Quotes

When I was a child, someone gave me a precious little cloth doll. She looked as though she came from Poland or somewhere in the Netherlands. She had a hand made face and a cloth body. I loved her beyond words. Now that I’m older, (ha, much older) I am yearning to recreate that little old world doll. After much trial and tribulation, I came up with a version that definitely is reminiscent of that little treasure.

"Jump Off Cliffs and Build Your Wings On The Way Down" This Is A Ray Bradbury Quote

I hand sculpted each face with clay, painted it to look ancient, used cloth on the body (which is flat ) added push pins so that she is has fully moveable joints and then gave her one of my favorite quotes. Each on is definitely an original.

"There Is A Fine Line Between Genius and Insanity-I Have Erased That Line" Author unknown. I Have To Admit, Her Face Does Look A Bit 'Crazy'-But That Was The Point

Shown For Size

"Small is The Heart That Can Love But One" Author Unknown

Back Side Grommet Hanger Shown

I’m offering 4 for sale. They are approx 3”w x 10”h. Some of my customers tell me they hang the little dolls on the wall and others hang on a suction cup at the window. I prefer to let mine hang about the house is unusual places, where guests can happen upon them by chance and be charmed by the sayings I’ve given to them. They certainly do cheer up a cold winter’s day and bring a bit of sunshine to those receiving them. I have priced them at $38. and can ship anywhere in the continental USA for just $5.00. Please e-mail me if you’d like one to be sent to you. Thanks so much!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. Cheryl, You are amazing and surely an inspiration to many to tap into their inner creative energy! I love your dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl! Now, you are making dolls too. I love it :) And as always, I love the fact that for every masterpiece you make, there's always a hidden and wonderful story to be told.

    Enjoy New Year's Eve and wishing you all the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cheryl. Just stopped in to wish you and your family a very wonderful 2013.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.