Thursday, September 5, 2013

SOARING SPIRIT GODDESS

Close-up

Often times, I’m inspired to sculpt because of some object that I’ve come across in my treasure hunts. For example, I found an old necklace at an antique dealers shop. It was from India. It has jangles and a very old patina. I fell in love with it instantly and knew I wanted to create a tall standing Goddess befitting of it. Soaring Spirit was born. Her face spoke to me as I sculpted her. She seemed to be telling me of her struggle with becoming her own person. She had given her life to others and now it was time for her to begin anew.

Full length view

Soaring Spirit

A voice sounded..at first it seemed to be a Murmur. Quietly it expressed the thought.. "Take your power now." As the days passed, it became increasingly Louder until it became as a roar, vibrating her Entire being.. "Take your power now.!" She Began to reexamine her life. So much time Had passed, and in all that time she had Remained spiritually deaf and blind. She had Not heard..She had not seen...and the voice Continued speaking to her..resonating Throughout every cell in her body..electrifying To the inner core of her soul until she had no choice but to listen.."Take your power now." It continued. "For you have given your life To others and in that giving, you have emptied Yourself. It is only when you are empty that you Can truly be full and free to live".....

Cheryl Dolby

close-up of necklace

Back

Soaring Spirit is 23”high x 10”deep by 8” wide. I have sculpted her with stoneware clay which I then fired in my kiln. Her embellishments include the old necklace from India, and beautiful upholstery cloth. She is priced at $325.00. I have signed up for Paypal’s relatively new feature of buying now and making several payments that are interest free! This will help tremendously with purchasing one of my larger pieces since shipping can be costly for these items. Just go to my right hand side bar and click on the Paypal “Bill me later” logo and they will walk you through this wonderful new feature. If you decide to use it, just click my Etsy shop and choose “Bill me later.” You also can e-mail me for more questions or to purchase by check.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

  1. Excellent work Cheryl. She is beautiful and the story behind her inspiring. I'm sure she will go fast. I've been meaning to take a photo of Frida, Burning Bowl to put her on my sidebar but things have been busy. I will do it though, that's for sure. Lots of stuff going on, but isn't that what life is all about? Have a great day and I love your new piece. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cher...she is truly one of your most beautiful pieces. You never cease to amaze me with all the different "ladies" you design. You stories add so much character and charm to the pieces too.

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful and amazingly interesting creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl she is stunning. There is so much emotion in her. Well done
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one knocks it out of the park! She speaks to me more than any others. If I had the money, she would be standing in my living room tonight!!!! I absolutely love her <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Cheryl, I can't take my eyes off of her...she IS speaking to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, such beauty, Cheryl. I loved reading your post. these last sculptures that you have done peering up are so intriguing and special. even though I love all your pieces. thank you for the good words on my blog! ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is fabulous Cheryl! She really speaks to me...now is my time too.
    "Take your power now"
    I love that.
    ♥♥
    PS:Wouldn't that make everyone happy to see their faces on your car? What a FUN idea! I used regular acrylic paints (many coats) and then many coats of rustolem gloss varnish in the spray can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is stunning and mesmerizing at same time! I can see why the necklace inspired you and so beautifully!

    (p.s.) - I'm back Blogging with a new Blog via Blogger. My address is: rockart64.blogspot.com

    It's so good to be back! I've missed you! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. your work is amazing! if i lived on your continent I would have owned a few, but sadly I can only admire from afar. thank heavens for the internett.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! She is very impressive and beautiful! What a gorgeous sculpture :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheryl ,such a powerful piece. I love how your inspiration can come from a piece of jewelry and your able to tell your story in your art. Magnificent!!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW love the unique fascinating expression! The colors, the gorgeous plaster dress and all decoration of the beautiful created lady are awesome.
    Have a nice day,
    bug hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.